Strasburg C-3 Board of Education
July 20, 2022 Board Meeting- Media Summary
The Board approved the consent agenda which included the minutes of the June 16, 2022, regular meeting, the payment of July bills, and administrative reports. June and July Financial reports will be presented in August.
Under Administrative Report:
The contract was initiated after legal approval. ABBCO’s new staff in our building include Andrew Renfro, maintenance (6:30- 3:00 daily), and Terry Rowland, evening custodian (2:30-11:00 daily) beginning on August 22, 2022. Both employees went through ABBCO training and have both passed their background checks. Their first day was June 21, 2022, and they are both currently working day shifts. It is amazing the amount of cleaning and reorganizing that has taken place. I am very excited to see the condition of the building in August.
- Rooms have been emptied and completely cleaned.
- All filters have been changed.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, Art and Health rooms have been painted.
- Touch-up painting in other areas is currently taking place.
- The shed has been cleaned out and organized.
- The locker room has been cleaned out and is now a safe and useable space.
- Current chemicals are being inventoried and organized.
- Re-sealing outside widows plus internal and external window cleaning.
- Adding door sweeps to all district doors.
- Adding kick-down door stoppers to all internal district doors.
- Outside beautification- flower beds, mulch, weeds.
- Currently replacing damaged ceiling tiles.
OTHER FACILITY UPDATES
- Carpet will be installed in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and Health classrooms on July 19th and 20th. Hometown Flooring out of Harrisonville will be removing 3 layers of tile and installing the carpet.
- Stout Fencing will be cleaning out brush near the playground and parking lot so I can begin working with companies on fencing quotes. Fencing will happen in the spring of 2023.
- The new heat exchanger was placed in one of the rooftop units.
- Bleacher inspection, propane inspection, and asbestos inspection have been completed.
- Kindergarten toilet, constant flushing has been fixed.
TEACHER BASELINE SALARY GRANT APPLICATION
The grant application was submitted in June and received DESE approval on June 30, 2022. We will draw down these funds in May 2023 and complete the Final Expenditure Report at that time.
Under Old Business:
- CONSTRUCTION UPDATE- McKinstry
This is a project for Summer 2022 at the Strasburg C-3 School District. The work scope includes the following FIMS.
1. HVAC rejuvenation
2. Building Controls Optimization
3. Roof Coating
4. Roof Cricket and ridge cap repair
5. LED Lighting Retro-Fit
- 20 HVAC units were addressed during the rejuvenation process.
- Coils were cleaned, straightened, and coated for improved performance.
- A yearly maintenance plan was developed to preserve the life of the Units. This plan was shared with Andy (ABBCO) who will be responsible for yearly cleaning and maintenance.
*WORK BEGAN ON JUNE 28TH AND CONCLUDED ON JUNE 30TH.
Building Controls Optimization:
- The entire BAC system will be reviewed.
- Control set points adjusted to optimize for energy usage.
- Scheduled to start July 18th. Expected duration 5 days on-site.
- Three Sections of the Roof will be Cleaned, Prepared, and Coated.
- Scheduled to start July 11th.
* This project has been completed.
**This also includes EPIC plumbing coming in to work with the roofers on our newly developed leaks in the main entryway. We will pay EPIC separately for their work (that was not part of the bond issue, but an emergency district repair).
Roof Crickets and Ridge Cap Repair:
- McKinstry is pursuing an option to install metal-formed crickets and ridge cap repair.
LED Lighting Retro-Fit:
- The existing light fixtures will be converted to LED to reduce energy consumption.
Scheduled to start August 8th. The expected duration is 10 days.
- PARTICIPATION IN THE MISSOURI CAPITAL ASSET ADVANTAGE TREASURY (MOCAAT) PROGRAM UPDATE
Our bonds closed on July 7, 2022, with proceeds of $2,200,000.00, the bonds sold at a premium generating an additional $181,364.00 of revenue equaling a total of $2,381,364.00 to use on bond projects and any additional money to be used on “other district” projects as noted in our Bond Language.
The following information is an estimate as of July 6, 2022, and was initially based on the $2.2 million, that amount will change (probably already has prior to the board meeting):
That $2,381,364 will be deposited into our MOCATT account with $400,000.00 as liquid to be deposited into our Construction, Fund 4 bank account. This will pay for all Phase I summer projects. In April we will draw down $220,000 from the MOCATT account to begin Phase II projects (fencing). We will then make a drawn down in May, June, July, August, and September and deposit it into our F&C construction account.
By using the MOCATT account we will make an estimated $42,988.99 in interest over the next 13 months. That money will also go into fund 4 capital projects for any additional facilities work that is needed.
Under New Business:
A. The Board approved the 2022-2023 Chromebook Policy Handbook which includes the technology fee schedule.
B. The Board approved the District’s Religious Assurance Statement.
C. The Board approved Policy 0342: Nepotism, Conflict of Interest, and Financial Disclosure.
D. The Board approved changing the September and October meeting dates due to conflicts. Those meetings are now scheduled to take place on September 14, 2022, and October 13, 2022.
- The Board was reminded the District’s Tax Rate Hearing will take place on August 18, 2022, at 6:00 in the Cafeteria with the Regular Board of Education Meeting following the hearing.
The board voted to adjourn the meeting.