Strasburg C-3 Board of Education
September 14, 2022 Board Meeting- Media Summary
Current Enrollment as of 9/7/2022: 130 students
2022 Preliminary MAP data
- We moved 10 students in grades 3-8 from Below Basic to Basic
- We moved 9 students in grades 3-8 from Basic to Proficient
- We moved 9 students in grades 3-8 from Proficient to Advanced
- Communication Arts percentage of Proficient/Advanced (3rd-8th Grades): 33.30%. The State Average is 43%
- Math percentage of Proficient/Advanced (3rd-8th Grades): 25.3%. The State Average is 39%.
- Science percentage of Proficient/Advanced (5th & 8th Grades): 18.2%. The State Average is 38%.
- Recruitment/Retention Grant – the district received $6,500 to provide retention stipends to staff. We also paid for four teachers to attend the Powerful Learning Conference last year.
- Grow Your Own Grant – the district will receive $10,000 to provide tuition reimbursement for staff members to work on their Reading and Math Specialist degrees.
- Small Rural Schools Achievement Grant – the district has received $16,358.00 which will be used to pay for a portion of MOREnet and QNS annual renewal fees.
- E-Rate Grants – the district received $10,590.00 to pay for additional Chromebooks and staff computers.
- Teacher Baseline Salary Grant – the district will receive $6,000.00 to increase teacher salaries to $38,000 minimum.
- Supply Chain Assistance Grant – the district received $7,000.22 that can be used to offset the costs of unprocessed and minimally processed foods.
A. The board approved the Special Education Program Evaluation.
B. The board approved the Gifted Education Program Evaluation.
C. The first received 25 new policies/regulations to read and discuss. These policies and regulations will be approved during the October Board Meeting.
THE BOARD OF EDUCATION ADJOURNED TO GO INTO CLOSED SESSION PURSUANT TO RSMo. 610.021 (3) FOR HIRING, TERMINATING, DISCIPLINING, OR PROMOTING.
A. The Board approved the closed session minutes from the August 18, 2022, executive session.
B. The Board approved a stipend for Raeann Lovell to be the 504 and ESP Coordinator.
C. The Board Approved the 2022-2023 Substitute Teacher List.
D. The Board authorized Dr. Mayfield to seek a consultant for bookkeeper training purposes.
D. The Board of Education adjourned the executive session.
The board voted to adjourn the meeting.